Friday, December 11, 2015

Final Project - A Short Documentary

                                                   Chinese Symphony

Logline: Chinese Symphony is a short film about Chinese immigrants in New York.

Project Summary
New York is a favorite city of Chinese immigrants. Chinatown is a lively neighborhood, full of Chinese food and culture. Strolling on streets in the Chinese neighborhood, I followed my eyes and documented the moment that attracted me and go deeper to look inside what is traditional Chinese culture.
The Chinese is a deeper connotation of a nation because of its 5,000 years civilization. Regardless of their food or decoration, all have their roots. Temple, statue, meditation and Chinese medicine, they are the essence of traditional Chinese culture. Traditional Chinese culture focuses on the individual’s ethic and morality, seeking harmony between man and the universe. Meditation is my favor. Taoism states that our human body is a small universe. I believe that I can connect to the universe through sitting meditation. When I am doing meditation deeply to reach tranquility, I feel that I have blended with the universe.

Background
As a Chinese immigrant, I love Chinatown and know Chinese people very well. I captured featuring scenes of city life to show the spirit and characteristic of the Chinese people, whereby it is reflective of my self-identification. Throughout Chinese medicine and meditation, I appear how rich Chinatown is in history and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment