Friday, September 11, 2015

Who Do You Think You Are?

It is inevitable for me to avoid any form of media when I have the ability to access anything I want at the palm of my hands (literally!). Therefore, I categorize myself as a heavy consumer of media. I am consistent with current events on television and articles online as well as social networking sites. Interestingly enough social media, such as Instagram, has subconsciously influenced my ways of living in minimal ways. For the most part, some people might find social media to be trivial and consuming. However, I believe social media can be useful as any other “official” form of media out there. It greatly depends on how one uses these resources.

Fashionista blogger on Instagram
I attain the majority of media through my phone. I stroll through my Instagram feed, and I always come across posts about things such as places to visit, must go to restaurants, or openings to art exhibitions. The list is endless when you follow a great amount of people. I immediately take note of places I want to visit it for future references. However, I do enjoy Instagram as a way to indulge, and take a peek at the life of celebrities, and especially women who have jobs in the careers I’m interested in. Social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, and blogging sites complement and enhance my interests in pop culture, beauty, and fashion. I see those platforms as inspiration, and knowledge about opportunities in my career choice.
Nadia empowers women with curves and promotes self-love.

I also find myself consuming the majority of televised news through Univision. Univision is a Spanish language broadcasting network aimed for Hispanic Americans. As a Latina, I grew up watching Univision with my family. It was all I knew. It was a channel I was able to relate to, and consume news as a Spanish speaking American. I still find comfort in receiving my news through a media I grew up on. The network especially embraces and empowers women like no other medium I have come across today. I appreciate and value mediums that have meaning and influence anyone in a positive way.

Univision news Anchors








No comments:

Post a Comment